Definition of insignificant :
1. Having no weight or effect; answering no purpose; unimportant; valueless; futile.
2. Not significant; void of signification, sense, or import; meaningless; as, insignificant words.
3. Without weight of character or social standing; mean; contemptible; as, an insignificant person.
picayune, small-fry, slight, inconsiderable, nugatory, Mickey Mouse, hole-in-corner, niggling, negligible, unmeaning, piddly, paltry, footling, light, unnoticeable, petty, piffling, inappreciable, chicken, pimping, de minimis, minor, meaningless, peanut, superficial, small, undistinguished, no-account, inconsequent, big, incidental, nominal, hole-and-corner, little, foolish
unimportant (part of speech: adjective)
irrelevant, of no consequence/of little consequence, fiddling, trite, trivial, one-horse, insipid, minute, unimportant, flyspeck, measly, piddling, unconsidered, inconsequential, trifling, worthless, frivolous, banal, mere
- It has also, by another clause, the powers by which only the militia can be organized and armed, and by the neglect of which they may be rendered utterly useless and insignificant, when it suits the ambitious purposes of government. - "Essays on the Constitution of the United States", Paul Leicester Ford.
- The desert suddenly made them insignificant, almost mean to her. - "The Garden Of Allah", Robert Hichens.
- Nobody would be out, certainly not at the tea- hour, to look at Foster's pictures- an insignificant exhibition. - "The Branding Iron", Katharine Newlin Burt.