Definition of insinuation:
- That which is insinuated; a hint; a suggestion or intimation by distant allusion; as, slander may be conveyed by insinuations.
- The act of gaining favor, affection, or influence, by gentle or artful means; - formerly used in a good sense, as of friendly influence or interposition.
- The act or process of insinuating; a creeping, winding, or flowing in.
- The art or power of gaining good will by a prepossessing manner.
- accusation (part of speech: noun)
- insertion (part of speech: noun)
- "Pixie O'Shaughnessy", Mrs. George de Horne Vaizey.
- "Jess of the Rebel Trail", H. A. Cody.
- "Memoir, Correspondence, And Miscellanies, From The Papers Of Thomas Jefferson", Thomas Jefferson.