Definition of insolent:
- Deviating from that which is customary; novel; strange; unusual.
- Haughty and contemptuous or brutal in behavior or language; overbearing; domineering; grossly rude or disrespectful; saucy; as, an insolent master; an insolent servant.
- Proceeding from or characterized by insolence; insulting; as, insolent words or behavior.
unfearing, courtesy, forward, bald, proud, overbold, assumptive, loud, tatty, intrepid, trashy, hardy, brassy, disrespectful, cheap, lofty, uppity, proud, brave, assuming, pert, bold-faced, garish, pushy, contumelious, brazen, flashy, audacious, malapert, wise, overweening, flash, dauntless, tawdry, tacky, bodacious, assumptive, supercilious, brazen-faced, high-and-mighty, presuming, impudent, familiar, study at impertinent, lordly, brasslike, sassy, smart, offensive, snippy, venturous, overconfident, snotty-nosed, boldfaced, uppish, flip, overbearing, haughty, venturesome, gaudy, prideful, nervy, bald-faced, meretricious, fresh, superior, barefaced, smart-alecky, unashamed, snippety, attitude, fearless, gimcrack.
- defiant (part of speech: adjective)
- insolent (part of speech: adjective)
- disrespectful (part of speech: adjective)
- "Berlin and Sans-Souci", Louise Muhlbach.
- "The Golden Fleece and the Heroes who Lived Before Achilles", Padraic Colum.
- "Bull Hunter", Max Brand.