Definition of inspect:
- To look upon; to view closely and critically, esp. in order to ascertain quality or condition, to detect errors, etc., to examine; to scrutinize; to investigate; as, to inspect conduct.
- To view and examine officially, as troops, arms, goods offered, work done for the public, etc.; to oversee; to superintend.
descry, chaffer, claver, gossip, confab, con, analyze, call in, frisk, case, confabulate, search, go over, probe, shoot the breeze, chat, scrutinise, traverse, shake down, bring down, chew the fat, size up, impose, investigate, scrutinize, inflict, natter, chatter, travel to, chitchat, chit-chat, take stock, investigate, study at scrutinize, audit, call, jaw, visit, claver.
- "A Holiday in the Happy Valley with Pen and Pencil", T. R. Swinburne.
- "They of the High Trails", Hamlin Garland.
- "The Coast of Adventure", Harold Bindloss.