Definition of instruct:
- Arranged; furnished; provided.
- Instructed; taught; enlightened.
- To form by communication of knowledge; to inform the mind of; to impart knowledge or information to; to enlighten; to teach; to discipline.
- To furnish with directions; to advise; to direct; to command; as, the judge instructs the jury.
- To put in order; to form; to prepare.
bid, order around, dictate, check, disclose, teach, citation, adjure, give lessons, familiarize, see, apprize, appeal, hear, ascertain, larn, apprise, get wind, tell, annul, hip, get word, watch, give instruction, call for, affirm, reveal, bring in a verdict, arraign, bring before, ground, bring, catch up, charge, clue, induct, study, acquire, over, take, determine, acquit, send word, command, claim, enjoin, memorize, require, fill in, clear, con, push around, revalue, find out, read, award, verse, tax with, lesson, appreciate, get a line, discipline, order, pick up, boss around, nurture, words, give notice, bar, wise, initiate, discover, appear, allow, memorise, acquaint, call, learn, boss, acquittal, cite.
- advise (part of speech: verb)
- teach (part of speech: verb)
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "Siege of Washington, D.C.", F. Colburn Adams.