Definition of instrument:
- A contrivance or implement, by which musical sounds are produced; as, a musical instrument.
- A writing, as the means of giving formal expression to some act; a writing expressive of some act, contract, process, as a deed, contract, writ, etc.
- One who, or that which, is made a means, or is caused to serve a purpose; a medium, means, or agent.
- That by means of which any work is performed, or result is effected; a tool; a utensil; an implement; as, the instruments of a mechanic; astronomical instruments.
- To perform upon an instrument; to prepare for an instrument; as, a sonata instrumented for orchestra.
pawn, document, organ, tactic, cannon fodder, doer, cock, cat's-paw, percussion, Cinderella, performer, plaything, certification, mean, armory, mode, mover, instrumentate, mechanism, artillery, dupe, over, whipping boy, big beast, consort, dick, ammunition, sacrificial lamb, armaments, rhythm section, instrumentation, way, procedure, peter, armoury, black box, operator, shaft, armed, arsenal, method, manner, lay figure, automaton, pecker, stooge, ministry, victim, putz, tenor, strings, tool, alto, ammo, basis, technique, brass, prick, system, assault, puppet, stringed instrument, toy, promoter, official document, accouterments, clunker, creature, automation, arms, target, legal document, array, instrumental role, musical instrument, legal instrument.
- agency (part of speech: noun)
- instrument (part of speech: noun)
tool (part of speech: noun)
- study at tool
- agent (part of speech: noun)
- "Esoteric Christianity, or The Lesser Mysteries", Annie Besant.
- "Sowing and Reaping", Dwight Moody.
- "This World Is Taboo", Murray Leinster.