Definition of instrumental:
- Acting as an instrument; serving as a means; contributing to promote; conductive; helpful; serviceable; as, he was instrumental in conducting the business.
- Applied to a case expressing means or agency; as, the instrumental case. This is found in Sanskrit as a separate case, but in Greek it was merged into the dative, and in Latin into the ablative. In Old English it was a separate case, but has disappeared, leaving only a few anomalous forms.
- Pertaining to, made by, or prepared for, an instrument, esp. a musical instrument; as, instrumental music, distinguished from vocal music.
- instrumental (part of speech: adjective)
- musical (part of speech: adjective)
utilizable (part of speech: adjective)
- at hand,
- music (part of speech: noun)
- "Memoir and Diary of John Yeardley, Minister of the Gospel", John Yeardley.
- "Haydn", J. Cuthbert Hadden.
- "Project Gutenberg History of The Netherlands, 1555-1623, Complete", John Lothrop Motley.