Definition of insulting:
sniffy, scurrilous, haughty, overbearing, offensive, derogatory, insolent, swaggering, contemptuous, debasing, disdainful, prideful, dyslogistic, supercilious, imperious, nasty, hurtful, rude, abusive, disrespectful, outrageous, affronting, opprobrious, lordly, degrading, scornful.
- contemptuous (part of speech: adjective)
- ridiculing (part of speech: verb)
- disrespecting (part of speech: verb)
- "The Master of the Ceremonies", George Manville Fenn.
- "Paris From the "Three Cities"", Emile Zola.
It was painful to me to see these people, who were so humane, who could not bear to see the lowly oppressed, who could not bear to have injustice done, to see these people pass me by in insulting silence, look at me with cold, unsympathetic eyes!- "An Anarchist Woman", Hutchins Hapgood.