Definition of insurance:
- A guaranty, security, or pledge; assurance.
- The act of insuring, or assuring, against loss or damage by a contingent event; a contract whereby, for a stipulated consideration, called premium, one party undertakes to indemnify or guarantee another against loss by certain specified risks. Cf. Assurance, n., 6.
- The premium paid for insuring property or life.
- The sum for which life or property is insured.
carrier, contributory, amends, answer, benefit, resolution, indemnity, warrant, redress, policy, collision damage waiver, insurance policy, actuary, adjuster, process of elimination, fix, actuarial, protection, way out, solution, coverage, damages, remedy, indemnification, allowance, restitution, heuristics, broker, cure, support, something to fall back on, comprehensive, backing, compromise.
- "Syndrome", Thomas Hoover.
- "The Dream Doctor", Arthur B. Reeve.
- "The Green Satin Gown", Laura E. Richards.