Definition of integration :
1. In the theory of evolution: The process by which the manifold is compacted into the relatively simple and permanent. It is supposed to alternate with differentiation as an agent in development.
2. The act or process of making whole or entire.
3. The operation of finding the primitive function which has a given function for its differential coefficient. See Integral.
completeness (part of speech: noun)
everybody, intactness, plenum, completeness, exhaustiveness, whole, thoroughness, comprehensiveness, collectivity, oneness, universe, entireness, everyone, allness, entirety, total, sum, totality, fullness, everything
integration (part of speech: noun)
inclusion (part of speech: noun)
cohesion (part of speech: noun)
congruity, cohesion, indissolubility, continuity, cohesiveness, coherence, inseparability, consistency, integrity, solidarity, union, unity, conformity, connection, connectedness, adherence, indivisibility
- However, when the experiment took place, the integration proved not to be quite what had been expected. - "The Black Experience in America The Immigrant Heritage of America", Norman Coombs.
- The global integration of online services will continue at full speed, and in different ways. - "The Online World", Odd de Presno.
- They were the original social and political units out of the integration of which the Commonwealth was later formed. - "History of the Constitutions of Iowa", Benjamin F. Shambaugh.