Definition of intellect:
- The part or faculty of the human soul by which it knows, as distinguished from the power to feel and to will; sometimes, the capacity for higher forms of knowledge, as distinguished from the power to perceive objects in their relations; the power to judge and comprehend; the thinking faculty; the understanding.
creative thinker, nous, judgement, reasonableness, idea, intellectual, grounds, savvy, psyche, spirit, reason, ground, brainpower, thinker, agreement, soul, discernment, smart, sympathy, disposition, consciousness, apprehension, mind, understanding, sense, ability, head, cause, instinct.
- intellect (part of speech: noun)
- knowledge (part of speech: noun)
wit (part of speech: noun)
- intelligence (part of speech: noun)
- "Thoughts on Religion", George John Romanes.
- "Heart and Soul", Victor Mapes (AKA Maveric Post).
- "Peg Woffington", Charles Reade.