Definition of intellectual:
- Belonging to, or performed by, the intellect; mental; as, intellectual powers, activities, etc.
- Endowed with intellect; having the power of understanding; having capacity for the higher forms of knowledge or thought; characterized by intelligence or mental capacity; as, an intellectual person.
- Relating to the understanding; treating of the mind; as, intellectual philosophy, sometimes called mental philosophy.
- Suitable for exercising the intellect; formed by, and existing for, the intellect alone; perceived by the intellect; as, intellectual employments.
- The intellect or understanding; mental powers or faculties.
skilful, study at intelligent, quick, apt, rational, able, talented, bookish, intellective, cerebral, sophisticated, psychic, highbrowed, good, reflective, ingenious, highbrow, intellect, brain, mental, adroit, reason, dexterous, noetic, studious, thoughtful, mind, happy, ability, psychical, quick-witted, serious, keen.
- intelligent (part of speech: adjective)
- knowing (part of speech: adjective)
- intellectual (part of speech: adjective)
- sagacious (part of speech: adjective)
- scholar (part of speech: noun)
- sage (part of speech: noun)
- "Pebbles on the Shore", Alpha of the Plough (Alfred George Gardiner).
- "Dr. Johnson and His Circle", John Bailey.
- "The Eagle's Heart", Hamlin Garland.