Definition of intelligent:
contemplative, perceptive, original, happy, penetrating, searching, trenchant, effectual, well-grounded, salubrious, levelheaded, reasoning, alive, alert, good for you, brainy, reasonable, talented, imaginative, smart, apt, tidy, rational, wakeless, thinking, well-informed, sage, sound, clearheaded, deep, farsighted, creative, goodly, studious, hefty, ability, nimble, dexterous, consequent, prehensile, level-headed, sensible, natural, exceptional, dull, thoughtful, clever, responsible, sizable, heavy, legal, precocious, keen, sizeable, innate, smart as a whip, quick, slow-witted, bright, good, skilful, reasoned, sharp-witted, incisive, judicious, healthy, reason, agile, sophisticated, ready, born, respectable, calculating, acute, brilliant, able, discerning, scintillating, goodish, sharp, discriminating.
- intelligent (part of speech: adjective)
- knowing (part of speech: adjective)
- intellectual (part of speech: adjective)
- reasonable (part of speech: adjective)
witty (part of speech: adjective)
- sagacious (part of speech: adjective)
- "A Little Florida Lady", Dorothy C. Paine.
- "Careers of Danger and Daring", Cleveland Moffett.
- "Pictures of German Life in the XVIIIth and XIXth Centuries, Vol. II.", Gustav Freytag.