Definition of intemperance:
profusion, lavishness, surplus, superfluity, overplus, exorbitance, wastefulness, superabundance, intemperateness, self-indulgence, immoderation, surfeit, prodigality, redundancy, redundance, excess, waste.
- drunkenness (part of speech: noun)
- intemperance (part of speech: noun)
- gluttony (part of speech: noun)
- "Tales & Novels, Vol. IX [Contents: Harrington; Thoughts on Bores; Ormond]", Maria Edgeworth.
- "Monks, Popes, and their Political Intrigues", John Alberger.
- "The Eagle Cliff", R.M. Ballantyne.