Definition of intent :
1. Closely directed; strictly attentive; bent; - said of the mind, thoughts, etc.; as, a mind intent on self- improvement.
2. Having the mind closely directed to or bent on an object; sedulous; eager in pursuit of an object; - formerly with to, but now with on; as, intent on business or pleasure.
3. The act of turning the mind toward an object; hence, a design; a purpose; intention; meaning; drift; aim.
4. The pointing of a weapon, as a gun, a dart, or an arrow, in the line of direction with the object intended to be struck; the line of fire; the direction of anything, as a spear, a blow, a discourse, a remark, towards a particular point or object, with a view to strike or affect it.
heading, view, cloaked, draped, sense, role, target, aim, tendency, conception, innovation, plan, purport, significancy, feel, emotional state, object, jailed, function, burden, look, pattern, tone, goal, wrapped, bent, liveliness, import, spirit, imprisoned, objective, heart, excogitation, confined, aspiration, value, use, enwrapped, flavour, captive, end, mark, blueprint, why, endeavor, fixed, designing, disembodied spirit, inclination, intention, concentrated, flavor, mantled, enthusiastic, acceptation, bearing, sprightliness, signification, ambition, substance, feeling, smell, life, invention, figure, planned, design, clothed, determination
attentive (part of speech: adjective)
careful, cautious, observant, diligent, considering, enraptured, alert, fascinated, hearkening, regardful, watchful, heedful, concerned, rapt, immersed, engrossed, sharp, concentrating, interested, observing, responsible, scrutinizing, vigilant, mindful, absorbed, entranced, attentive
resolute (part of speech: adjective)
faithful, deliberate, set, steadfast, willing, earnest, dauntless, hearty, constant, resolute, ruthless, stubborn, committed, bold, loyal, iron-willed, headstrong, unwavering, unshakeable, inexorable, stern, persistent, persevering, courageous, unflinching, relentless, insistent, unbending, resolved, bullheaded, determined, unyielding, steady, serious, tenacious, tough, tireless, thorough, reliable, steely, dedicated, spunky, strong-minded, implacable, dogged, uncompromising, fearless, indomitable, decided, decisive, true, firm, strong-willed, plucky, zealous, valiant, devoted, indefatigable, unchangeable, staunch
meaning (part of speech: noun)
gist, tenor, definition, interpretation, indication, significance, explanation, denotation, relevance, connotation, point, meaning, pith, crux, upshot, thrust, purpose, topic, message, drift, description, subject, implication
- " I suppose you doubt my loyalty to France," he said, intent on his bit of paper. - "The Maids of Paradise", Robert W. (Robert William) Chambers.
- The prospect, through opened doors, stretched before her into other rooms, down the vista of which Lord Mark was strolling with Lady Aldershaw, who, close to him and much intent, seemed to show from behind as peculiarly expert. - "The Wings of the Dove, Volume 1 of 2", Henry James.
- Dennis saw not this side scene, so intent was he on the pictures. - "Barriers Burned Away", E. P. Roe.