Definition of interference:
- The act or state of interfering, or of claiming a right to the same invention.
- The act or state of interfering; as, the stoppage of a machine by the interference of some of its parts; a meddlesome interference in the business of others.
- The mutual influence, under certain conditions, of two streams of light, or series of pulsations of sound, or, generally, two waves or vibrations of any kind, producing certain characteristic phenomena, as colored fringes, dark bands, or darkness, in the case of light, silence or increased intensity in sounds; neutralization or superposition of waves generally.
disruption, kerfuffle, perturbation, participate, check, tour of duty, handicap, folie, interruption, contraceptive device, affray, enlistment, noise, block, intercession, preventive, preventative, balk, haphazardness, stoppage, mental disturbance, disturbance, duty tour, restraint, onus, treatment, fray, limp, prophylactic device, deterrent, racket, stochasticity, prophylactic, stay, encumbrance, blocking, term of enlistment, baulk, tour, arrest, hoo-hah, obtrusion, mental disorder, intervention, meddling, hurly burly, stop, hobble, ruffle, incumbrance, prying, collision, burden, hindrance, flutter, contraceptive, interposition, interception, hang-up, removal, retardation, snag, hoo-ha, intrusion, upset, psychological disorder, clearance, randomness, barrier, dissonance, load, obstacle, birth control device, hinderance, halt, hitch, commotion, clashing, rub, to-do.
- opposition (part of speech: noun)
- "Quicksands", Adolph Streckfuss.
- "The Gun-Brand", James B. Hendryx.
- "The Gospel According to St. Mark", G. A. Chadwick.