Definition of intermediation :
1. The act of coming between; intervention; interposition.
2. The act of mediating; action or relation of anything interposed; action as a necessary condition, means, or instrument; interposition; intervention.
- " But," said Des Hermies, " admitting that you could, through the intermediation of a flying spirit, have been aware of the operations of the priest, how could you have parried them?" - "LÃ -bas", J. K. Huysmans.
- This, then, is merely barter, and in this way of barter a great portion of the annual produce of the United States is exchanged without the intermediation of cash. - "Memoir, Correspondence, And Miscellanies, From The Papers Of Thomas Jefferson", Thomas Jefferson.
- From various quarters, directly or indirectly concerned, the intermediation of the United States was sought to assist in a solution of the controversy. - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.