Definition of intermission:
- Cessation for a time; an intervening period of time; an interval; a temporary pause; as, to labor without intermission; an intermission of ten minutes.
- Intervention; interposition.
- The act or the state of intermitting; the state of being neglected or disused; disuse; discontinuance.
- The temporary cessation or subsidence of a fever; the space of time between the paroxysms of a disease. is an entire cessation, as distinguished from remission, or abatement of fever.
happy chance, gaolbreak, abatement, breach, dangling, breakage, dormancy, interruption, stay, geological fault, fracture, breaking, interim, break of serve, suspension, shift, action, severance, prisonbreak, abeyancy, suspension system, open frame, peace, reprieve, jailbreak, quiet, pause, interlude, prison-breaking, faulting, cessation, rupture, breakout, repose, temporary removal, rest, calmness, peacefulness, recreation, quietness, latency, fault, sleep, abeyance, stop, disruption, stillness, time out, gap, hanging, respite, quietude, tranquillity, recess, breather, ease, rift, falling out, continue, break, slumber, good luck, hiatus, calm, quiescence.
- "Torchy, Private Sec.", Sewell Ford.
- "Mary Wollaston", Henry Kitchell Webster.
- "Praying for Money", Russell H. Conwell.