Definition of intermittent:
alternate, broken, rhythmic, cyclical, cyclic, epochal, periodical, here and there, now and then, shifting, on-again, occasional, coming and going, serial, on and off, discontinuous, occasional, by snatches, on-again off-again, seasonal, spasmodic, continue, off-again, recurrent, periodic, every other, sporadic.
- interrupted (part of speech: adjective)
- irregular (part of speech: adjective)
- "Somehow Good", William de Morgan.
- "What Maisie Knew", Henry James.
- "Tom of the Raiders", Austin Bishop.