Definition of intertwine :
1. The act intertwining, or the state of being intertwined.
2. To be twined or twisted together; to become mutually involved or enfolded.
3. To unite by twining one with another; to entangle; to interlace.
co-operate (part of speech: verb)
concur, affiliate, dovetail, participate, overlap, mesh, band, interweave, pool, associate, ally, confederate, share, collude, trade, intermesh, reciprocate, unite, co-operate, collaborate, interlace, interplay
correlate (part of speech: verb)
- Oh, thou must overtake, now, the veela Raviyoyla; and I shall shoe thy hoofs with pure silver and gild them with the finest gold; I shall cover thee with a silken cloak reaching to thy knees, and on it I shall fasten fine silk tassels to hang from thy knees to thy hoofs; thy mane shall I intertwine with threads of gold and adorn it with rare pearls. - "Hero Tales and Legends of the Serbians", Woislav M. Petrovitch.
- Here the idea of modesty subdues passion like a wonderful sordine, and surrender and tenderness intertwine with the ideals of modesty. - "Paul Verlaine", Stefan Zweig.
- In some unaccountable fashion, that picture would intertwine itself with the impression, so new and vivid, which she had received that afternoon. - "The Readjustment", Will Irwin.