Definition of interval :
1. A brief space of time between the recurrence of similar conditions or states; as, the interval between paroxysms of pain; intervals of sanity or delirium.
2. A space between things; a void space intervening between any two objects; as, an interval between two houses or hills.
3. Alt. of Intervale
4. Difference in pitch between any two tones.
5. Space of time between any two points or events; as, the interval between the death of Charles I. of England, and the accession of Charles II.
duration (part of speech: noun)
interruption (part of speech: noun)
gap (part of speech: noun)
- As San Giacinto entered he felt that he had not wasted his time during that short interval. - "Sant' Ilario", F. Marion Crawford.
- The three monthsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ interval is swiftly running out. - "Citadel of Faith", Shoghi Effendi.
- After another interval he said: " I wish to hear exactly what happened." - "The Fruit of the Tree", Edith Wharton.