Definition of interval:
- A brief space of time between the recurrence of similar conditions or states; as, the interval between paroxysms of pain; intervals of sanity or delirium.
- A space between things; a void space intervening between any two objects; as, an interval between two houses or hills.
- Alt. of Intervale
- Difference in pitch between any two tones.
- Space of time between any two points or events; as, the interval between the death of Charles I. of England, and the accession of Charles II.
- duration (part of speech: noun)
- interruption (part of speech: noun)
- gap (part of speech: noun)
- "Sant' Ilario", F. Marion Crawford.
- "Citadel of Faith", Shoghi Effendi.
- "The Fruit of the Tree", Edith Wharton.