Definition of intervention:
- Any interference that may affect the interests of others; especially, of one or more states with the affairs of another; mediation.
- The act by which a third person, to protect his own interest, interposes and becomes a party to a suit pending between other parties.
- The act of intervening; interposition.
hinderance, participate, discourse, encumbrance, invasion, interpolation, preventative, hitch, interruption, interjection, intrusion, handling, interposition, hindrance, discussion, preventive, noise, intercession, interference, attack, treatment, incumbrance, meddling, disturbance, interpellation, obtrusion.
- intervention (part of speech: noun)
- mediation (part of speech: noun)
- "Hilda Wade A Woman With Tenacity Of Purpose", Grant Allen.
- "Mrs. Piper & the Society for Psychical Research", Michael Sage.
- "The Testing of Diana Mallory", Mrs. Humphry Ward.