Definition of intestine:
- Depending upon the internal constitution of a body or entity; subjective.
- Internal with regard to a state or country; domestic; not foreign; - applied usually to that which is evil; as, intestine disorders, calamities, etc.
- Internal; inward; - opposed to external.
- Shut up; inclosed.
- That part of the alimentary canal between the stomach and the anus. See Illust. of Digestive apparatus.
- The bowels; entrails; viscera.
bowel, bladder, anus, abdominal, belly, organ, catgut, alimentary canal, pipe, bowels, anal, intestines, small intestine, food passage, asshole, bile, bile duct, large intestine, appendix, gut, spaghetti.
But we are now far enough off to discern how stupendous a thing was done when, after two cycles of bitter war, one foreign, the other civil and intestine, Pitt and Washington, within a span of less than a score of years, planted the foundations of the American Republic.- "The Art of Public Speaking", Dale Carnagey (AKA Dale Carnegie) and J. Berg Esenwein.
- "Food Poisoning", Edwin Oakes Jordan.
- "Physiology and Hygiene for Secondary Schools", Francis M. Walters, A.M..