Definition of intimation :
1. A hint; an obscure or indirect suggestion or notice; a remote or ambiguous reference; as, he had given only intimations of his design.
2. Announcement; declaration.
3. The act of intimating; also, the thing intimated.
mite, glimmer, trace, innuendo, steer, hint, big, breathing time, gleam, semblance, ghost, insinuation, breathing space, cue, knowledge, whiff, breather, wind, allusion, tinge, lead, suggestion, glimmering, soupcon, jot, gleaming, inkling, dash, shade, suspicion, breath, whisper, touch, taste, show, shadow, breathing spell, suggest, streak, hair, breathing place, confidential information, pinch, tip, clue, whisker, speck, implication
- If the Galactic Resident was shocked at the intimation that the Galactic " government" would take earned money from a man, the announcement that Earth's government did so was no surprise to him at all. - "A World by the Tale", Gordon Randall Garrett.
- " You, wrong him, believe me, Agnes, by even this intimation. - "The Good Time Coming", T. S. Arthur.
- I have even received an intimation that the queen herself is anxious to consult the stars, and it may be that I shall become a great power here. - "At Agincourt", G. A. Henty.