Definition of intimidate:
encumber, restrict, constrain, hector, cumber, keep back, blackjack, trammel, confine, strong-arm, affright, keep, bogart, bound, menace, shake up, hold, over, mau-mau, overawe, hold back, frighten/scare the wits out of someone, limit, appal, dismay, cow, startle, bludgeon, restrain, throttle, bullyrag.
- compel (part of speech: verb)
- frighten (part of speech: verb)
- threaten (part of speech: verb)
- dissuade (part of speech: verb)
- "The Saint", Antonio Fogazzaro Commentator: William Roscoe Thayer.
- "Chippinge Borough", Stanley J. Weyman.
- "Penny Nichols Finds a Clue", Joan Clark.