Definition of intimidated:
- dissuaded (part of speech: verb)
- threatened (part of speech: verb)
frightened (part of speech: verb)
- set on edge,
- scared stiff,
- compelled (part of speech: verb)
- "Castles in the Air", Baroness Emmuska Orczy.
- "A New Voyage Round the World, in the years 1823, 24, 25, and 26, Vol. 2", Otto von Kotzebue.
The John Brown raid, the year before, had intimidated Northern politicians as much as Southern slaveholders, and the general feeling was that the discussion of the question at the North should be altogether suppressed.- "Eighty Years And More; Reminiscences 1815-1897", Elizabeth Cady Stanton.