Definition of intrusion:
- The act of intruding, or of forcing in; especially, the forcing ( one's self) into a place without right or welcome; encroachment.
- The entry of a stranger, after a particular estate or freehold is determined, before the person who holds in remainder or reversion has taken possession.
- The penetrating of one rock, while in a plastic or metal state, into the cavities of another.
- The settlement of a minister over 3 congregation without their consent.
misdemeanour, trespass, infraction, imposition, irreverence, ravishment, attack, violation, incursion, willing, aggression, rape, impact, impingement, infliction, obtrusion, onset, like, invasion, intervention, onslaught, meddling, encroachment, assault, misdemeanor, infringement, participate, enter, interference, usurpation, entrenchment.
- insertion (part of speech: noun)
- interruption (part of speech: noun)
- "Ayala's Angel", Anthony Trollope.
He was sitting at his post, and as he neither looked up nor stirred at my intrusion, I had an excellent opportunity for observing again the clear- cut profile which had roused my admiration the day before.- "The Mayor's Wife", Anna Katherine Green.
- "India and the Indians", Edward F. Elwin.