Definition of inundate:
- exceed (part of speech: verb)
- flood (part of speech: verb)
- immerse (part of speech: verb)
- exceeded (part of speech: verb)
- "A Complete Account of the Settlement at Port Jackson", Watkin Tench.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
It was agreed between then that it would be advisable to demolish forthwith the great dam between Sanvliet and Lillo called the Blaaugarendyk, so as to allow the waters of the East Scheldt to inundate, if necessary, the lowlands of Bergen, and thus, in the event of the Scheldt being closed, to open a passage for the Zealand vessels to the town across the inundated country.- "The Revolt of The Netherlands, Complete", Frederich Schiller.