Definition of invention:
- A fabrication to deceive; a fiction; a forgery; a falsehood.
- That which is invented; an original contrivance or construction; a device; as, this fable was the invention of Esop; that falsehood was her own invention.
- The act of finding out or inventing; contrivance or construction of that which has not before existed; as, the invention of logarithms; the invention of the art of printing.
- The exercise of the imagination in selecting and treating a theme, or more commonly in contriving the arrangement of a piece, or the method of presenting its parts.
- The faculty of inventing; imaginative faculty; skill or ingenuity in contriving anything new; as, a man of invention.
- Thought; idea.
designing, intent, ruse, real, concept, judgment, founding, figure, ingenuity, craft, art, fable, untruth, a tissue of lies, instauration, ability, white lie, blind, guile, common sense, pattern, discovery, dodge, Frankenstein's monster, purpose, reason, finesse, introduction, subterfuge, cunning, wile, brilliance, stratagem, innovation, disinformation, contraption, intellect, cheat, intuition, artifice, initiation, myth, maneuver, misinformation, machine, innovativeness, clarity, imaginativeness, design, lie, belief, contrive, coinage, falsehood, fancy, construct, institution, creative, fraud, devise, ingeniousness, excogitation, imposture, make, wisdom, trick, coin, wrinkle, fiction, device, machination, figment, cleverness, ideation, foundation, half-truth, concoction, breakthrough, conception, intelligence.
- creation (part of speech: noun)
- composition (part of speech: noun)
- imagination (part of speech: noun)
- originality (part of speech: noun)
- plan (part of speech: noun)
- "The History Of Herodotus Volume 1(of 2)", Herodotus.
- "Christopher and the Clockmakers", Sara Ware Bassett.
- "History of the Postage Stamps of the United States of America", John Kerr Tiffany.