Definition of inverted :
1. Changed to a contrary or counterchanged order; reversed; characterized by inversion.
2. of Invert
3. Situated apparently in reverse order, as strata when folded back upon themselves by upheaval.
inverted (part of speech: verb)
negated (part of speech: verb)
disavowed, denied, overturned, negated, invalidated, checked, disproved, canceled, disaffirmed, disclaimed, repudiated, effaced, disputed, contradicted, reversed, nullified, renounced, counterbalanced
- A dose of 40 centigrams may cause in man such symptoms of intoxication as vertigo, inverted vision and muscular paralysis. - "The Medicinal Plants of the Philippines", T. H. Pardo de Tavera.
- A peculiar feature of the situation was that both parties had to fight with inverted front, and sacrifice for the time their respective lines of communication. - "The Franco-German War of 1870-71", Count Helmuth, von Moltke.
- The brass plate on the lid of the cartridge- box was a U. S. plate; the belt- buckle also was Federal; both plate and buckle had been turned upside down, so that each bore the inverted letters S U. There were a few cartridges in the box- such cartridges as I had not seen before. - "Who Goes There?", Blackwood Ketcham Benson.