Definition of investigate:
- To follow up step by step by patient inquiry or observation; to trace or track mentally; to search into; to inquire and examine into with care and accuracy; to find out by careful inquisition; as, to investigate the causes of natural phenomena.
- To pursue a course of investigation and study; to make investigation.
- experiment (part of speech: verb)
- question (part of speech: verb)
- "What Dreams May Come", Gertrude Franklin Horn Atherton.
- "The Grey Cloak", Harold MacGrath.
- "A Little Union Scout", Joel Chandler Harris.