Definition of investment:
- That with which anyone is invested; a vestment.
- The act of investing, or the state of being invested.
- The act of surrounding, blocking up, or besieging by an armed force, or the state of being so surrounded.
- The laying out of money in the purchase of some species of property; the amount of money invested, or that in which money is invested.
financing, stake, plunge, individual retirement account, insurance liens, contrarian, block, money market funds, backing, annuity, accumulation, nut, mutual funds, investiture, debentures, siege, enthronization, finance, inaugural, grease, real estate, speculation, beleaguerment, capital gains tax, annuities, blockade, grant, derivative, certificate of deposit, enthronement, amount, backlog, arithmetic, investing, CD, attack, bail, capacity, allowance, batch, treasury bills, balance, coronation, besiegement, capital, expense, securities, capital-intensive, futures, investment funds, loan, induction, arbitrage, bond, venture, advance, baptism, initiation, IRA, allocation, inauguration, debenture, leaguer, capital goods, bonds, enthronisation, blue chip, disintermediation.
- "Andy Grant's Pluck", Horatio Alger.
- "Roosevelt in the Bad Lands", Hermann Hagedorn.
- "The Flirt", Booth Tarkington.