Definition of invisible :
1. A Rosicrucian; - so called because avoiding declaration of his craft.
2. An invisible person or thing; specifically, God, the Supreme Being.
3. Incapable of being seen; not perceptible by vision; not visible.
4. One of those ( as in the 16th century) who denied the visibility of the church.
airy, indistinct, ideal, microscopic, unseeable, occult, infinitesimal, ultraviolet, out of sight, visible, ethereal, unseen, nonvisual, real, vague, imponderable, gaseous, intangible, inconspicuous, ghostly, infrared, supersensory, supernatural, transparent, unreal, impalpable, vaporous, undetectable, insensible, inappreciable, obscure, unnoticeable, indistinguishable, knowledge, lightless
invisible (part of speech: adjective)
latent (part of speech: adjective)
- While he was invisible to all, three people were present besides myself- one of these, a child of eight, who received the message. - "The Return of Peter Grimm", David Belasco Edited by Montrose J. Moses.
- The idea for which we live seems to me to be in harmony with the spirit of the age, and also of deep importance in itself; and I have no doubt but that men will come to believe in us because of our right understanding of this idea, in the same way that we ourselves believe in the invisible. - "Autobiography of Friedrich Froebel", Friedrich Froebel.
- He had been working on the invisible rim for five years. - "Gigolo", Edna Ferber.