Definition of irreligious :
1. Destitute of religion; not controlled by religious motives or principles; ungodly. Cf. Impious.
2. Indicating a want of religion; profane; wicked; as, irreligious speech.
impious (part of speech: adjective)
irreligious (part of speech: adjective)
heathen, non-practicing, pagan, creedless, nihilistic, worldly, secular, disbelieving, atheistic, non-religious, ungodly, faithless, impious, agnostic, godless, unbelieving, profane, undevout, non-believing, irreverent
- In an irreligious Republic, as events afterwards proved, the power of the whole clergy was bound to be destroyed. - "Secret Societies And Subversive Movements", Nesta H. Webster.
- " I don't care much about her myself, she is so profane and so dreadfully irreligious. - "Red Pottage", Mary Cholmondeley.
- She could not be essentially irreligious- that were impossible in a true woman. - "Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1907 to 1908", Lucy Maud Montgomery.