Definition of irreverence:
- impiety (part of speech: noun)
- disrespect (part of speech: noun)
- insolence (part of speech: noun)
- irreligion (part of speech: noun)
- ridicule (part of speech: noun)
- "Orthodoxy: Its Truths And Errors", James Freeman Clarke.
They burnt incense before his shrine, and the captain devoutly said his evening prayer, whilst he of the tom- tom, Ahmet Faraj, stood behind and mimicked him, to the great amusement of his fellows- a piece of irreverence I have never seen before in any Mohammedan country.- "Southern Arabia", Theodore Bent Mabel Bent.
- "The Brother of Daphne", Dornford Yates.