Definition of ivory:
- Any carving executed in ivory.
- Teeth; as, to show one's ivories.
- The hard, white, opaque, fine- grained substance constituting the tusks of the elephant. It is a variety of dentine, characterized by the minuteness and close arrangement of the tubes, as also by their double flexure. It is used in manufacturing articles of ornament or utility.
- The tusks themselves of the elephant, etc.
- "The Nests and Eggs of Indian Birds, Volume 1", Allan O. Hume.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "The Patchwork Girl of Oz", L. Frank Baum.