Definition of jealous:
- Apprehensive; anxious; suspiciously watchful.
- Disposed to suspect rivalry in matters of interest and affection; apprehensive regarding the motives of possible rivals, or the fidelity of friends; distrustful; having morbid fear of rivalry in love or preference given to another; painfully suspicious of the faithfulness of husband, wife, or lover.
- Exacting exclusive devotion; intolerant of rivalry.
- Zealous; solicitous; vigilant; anxiously watchful.
prehensile, apprehensive, overjealous, demanding, green, skeptical, distrustful, doubting, begrudging, monopolizing, clutching, desirous, desire, resentful, avaricious, jaundiced, suspicious, invidious, protective, covetous, greedy, grabby, watchful, owned, insecure, possessive, envious, grasping, green-eyed.
- "Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist", Alexander Berkman.
- "The Splendid Folly", Margaret Pedler.
- "The Birthright", Joseph Hocking.