Definition of jeering:
satire, satiric, irony, mockery, lampoon, raucous, travesty, disrespectful, cackle, gibelike, titter, parody, yelling, laughter, respect, quizzical, roar, chaff, rude, burlesque, sendup, spoof, snicker, laugh, scoffing, teasing, jeer, mocking, scoff, derision, badinage, giggle, put-on, takeoff, pasquinade, banter, taunting, raillery, chuckle, peal, ridicule, derisive, sarcasm, charade.
- contemptuous (part of speech: adjective)
- ridiculing (part of speech: verb)
- "The Nether World", George Gissing.
- "The Twilight of the Souls", Louis Couperus.
- "The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists", Robert Tressell.