Definition of jelly:
- Anything brought to a gelatinous condition; a viscous, translucent substance in a condition between liquid and solid; a stiffened solution of gelatin, gum, or the like.
- The juice of fruits or meats boiled with sugar to an elastic consistence; as, currant jelly; calf's- foot jelly.
- To become jelly; to come to the state or consistency of jelly.
balm, chutney, gelate, caramel, carob, dip, broth, chocolate, set, clot, banana split, choc-ice, mass, extract, guck, gunk, mush, catsup, Christmas pudding, coagulate, angelica, curdle, jellify, peanut butter, ointment, slime, apple pie, jell, bouillon cube, balsamic vinegar, pulp, marmalade, caviar, sludge, jam, solid, aspic, jell, gelatine, gelatinize, aioli, paste, ooze, gunge, brown sugar, cake, goo, barbecue sauce, gelatin, preserve, gel, unction, salve, coulis, spread, butter, congeal.
- "Pee-wee Harris on the Trail", Percy Keese Fitzhugh.
- "Melbourne House", Elizabeth Wetherell.
- "The Privet Hedge", J. E. Buckrose.