Definition of jetty:
- A part of a building that jets or projects beyond the rest, and overhangs the wall below.
- A structure of wood or stone extended into the sea to influence the current or tide, or to protect a harbor; a mole; as, the Eads system of jetties at the mouth of the Mississippi River.
- A wharf or pier extending from the shore.
- Made of jet, or like jet in color.
- To jut out; to project.
sea wall, ebon, groyne, counterspy, harbor, seawall, rampart, bulwark, pier, mole, inky, breakwater, onyx, ebony, inguen, black, wharf, colors, gram molecule, sable, pitchy, jet, sooty, groin, wall, mol, dock, pitch-black.
- "An Outcast of the Islands", Joseph Conrad.
- "Speeches and Addresses of H. R. H. the Prince of Wales: 1863-1888", Edward VII.
- "A Rogue by Compulsion", Victor Bridges.