Definition of joggle:
- A notch or tooth in the joining surface of any piece of building material to prevent slipping; sometimes, but incorrectly, applied to a separate piece fitted into two adjacent stones, or the like.
- To join by means of joggles, so as to prevent sliding apart; sometimes, loosely, to dowel.
- To shake or totter; to slip out of place.
- To shake slightly; to push suddenly but slightly, so as to cause to shake or totter; to jostle; to jog.
quake, jolt, flutter, wobble, jerk, rock, flap, reel, thrill, tremble, swing, dowel, quaver, repetition, quiver, shake, convulse, bucket, jounce, wave, waver, judder, totter, bounce, shiver, fidget, dowel, dowel pin, jiggle, jar, shudder, wiggle, vibrate, sway, brandish, fluctuate, oscillate, agitate.
- "Chicken Little Jane", Lily Munsell Ritchie.
- "Roy Blakeley's Camp on Wheels", Percy Keese Fitzhugh.
She did not sleep with Susy, but in a new cot- bed of her own, in aunt Madge's room; for, dearly as she loved to lie close to any one she loved, she begged now to sleep alone, " so nobody could hit her, or move her, or joggle her."- "Little Prudy's Sister Susy", Sophie May.