Definition of jointer :
1. A bent piece of iron inserted to strengthen the joints of a wall.
2. A long stationary plane, for plaining the edges of barrel staves.
3. A plane for smoothing the surfaces of pieces which are to be accurately joined
4. A tool for pointing the joints in brickwork.
5. One who, or that which, joints.
6. The longest plane used by a joiner.
tool (part of speech: noun)
grindstone, punch, band saw, sickle, miter box, hedge trimmer, file, level, shears, square, hatchet, chain saw, crosscut saw, cold chisel, spoke shave, pliers, tool, lug wrench, hacksaw, spade, wedge, stapler, calipers, keyhole saw, auger, bow saw, shovel, wrecking bar, sledgehammer, claw hammer, emery wheel, screwdriver, chisel, trowel, monkey wrench, welder, handsaw, crowbar, ball-peen hammer, snips, back saw, scythe, saw, spanner, scissors, machete, planer, coping saw, tire iron, vise, grapnel, radial arm saw, jackknife, scroll saw, hammer, circular saw, edger, wrench, axe, pipe wrench, drill, mallet, awl, pickax, bench drill, buzz saw, arc welder, jigsaw, table saw, drill press, tin snips, hoe, knife, posthole auger, plane, lathe, pick, ripsaw, gouge