Definition of journalism :
1. The keeping of a journal or diary.
2. The periodical collection and publication of current news; the business of managing, editing, or writing for, journals or newspapers; as, political journalism.
publication (part of speech: noun)
gazette, notice, propaganda, post, report, dissemination, bulletin, newsmagazine, promulgation, advertisement, publication, herald, newspaper, handbill, brief, organ, circular, promotion, newsletter, commercial, journal, review, broadcast, announcement, periodical
writing (part of speech: noun)
- " Well," said du Portail, " why don't you do it again,- journalism, I mean,- with la Peyrade." - "The Lesser Bourgeoisie", Honore de Balzac.
- He went to America in 1860, where he followed his original profession of journalism for several years. - "The Life Story of an Old Rebel", John Denvir.
- " Farewell to journalism- I hope, for ever. - "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.