Definition of jupiter:
- One of the planets, being the brightest except Venus, and the largest of them all, its mean diameter being about 85, 000 miles. It revolves about the sun in 4, 332. 6 days, at a mean distance of 5. 2028 from the sun, the earth's mean distance being taken as unity.
- The supreme deity, king of gods and men, and reputed to be the son of Saturn and Rhea; Jove. He corresponds to the Greek Zeus.
- "The Story of the Heavens", Robert Stawell Ball.
- "The Short Cut", Jackson Gregory.
- "With Haig on the Somme", D. H. Parry.