Definition of just:
- A joust.
- Barely; merely; scarcely; only; by a very small space or time; as, he just missed the train; just too late.
- Closely; nearly; almost.
- Conforming or conformable to rectitude or justice; not doing wrong to any; violating no right or obligation; upright; righteous; honest; true; - said both of persons and things.
- Not transgressing the requirement of truth and propriety; conformed to the truth of things, to reason, or to a proper standard; exact; normal; reasonable; regular; due; as, a just statement; a just inference.
- Precisely; exactly; - in place, time, or degree; neither more nor less than is stated.
- Rendering or disposed to render to each one his due; equitable; fair; impartial; as, just judge.
- To joust.
respectable, suitable, entirely, salutary, honest, ripe, skillful, conscionable, dispassionate, impartial, practiced, alone, beneficial, incisively, hardly, moreover, now, further, still, indifferent, serious, rightful, provided, scarcely, bonnie, recently, average, simply, that, tight, exclusively, sound, fitting, plainly, precisely, very, unless, well, presently, mediocre, except, on the button, fair-minded, vertical, on the dot, expert, middling, estimable, barely, besides, retributive, solely, virtuous, erect, sporting, impartial, yet, full, proficient, antimonopoly, and, upright, unspoiled, quite, bonny, reasonable, in force, well-grounded, fair, scantily, righteous, antitrust, nonpartisan, tho, unbiased, but, evenhanded, good, cogent, unspoilt, reason, in effect, solid, valid, effective, objective, comely, notwithstanding, only if, really, adept, safe, meet, nevertheless, well-founded, dear, exactly, just now, merely, fit, disinterested, fairish, deserved, undecomposed, merited, near, unsloped, however, scarce, equitable, on the nose, retributory, only when, fair-and-square, lately, clean, save, proper, secure, sightly, skilful, dependable, sportsmanlike, unprejudiced, only, appropriate.