Definition of kernel:
- A single seed or grain; as, a kernel of corn.
- A small mass around which other matter is concreted; a nucleus; a concretion or hard lump in the flesh.
- The central, substantial or essential part of anything; the gist; the core; as, the kernel of an argument.
- The essential part of a seed; all that is within the seed walls; the edible substance contained in the shell of a nut; hence, anything included in a shell, husk, or integument; as, the kernel of a nut. See Illust. of Endocarp.
- To harden or ripen into kernels; to produce kernels.
centre of attention, seed, pip, amount, bit, meat, heart and soul, bone marrow, pump, nub, germ, nitty-gritty, message, nerve centre, centerfield, ticker, essence, nerve, core, sum of money, affection, center, means, shopping mall, snapper, content, sum, shopping center, burden, pit, quintessence, sum total, warmheartedness, eye, germ, effect, totality, gravamen, nut, mall, be, amount of money, spunk, philia, nerve center, marrow, inwardness, tenderness, spark, center field, summation, grain, plaza, gist, total, affectionateness, core group, division, pith, marrow squash, substance, internality, center of attention, aggregate, stuff, piece, union, shopping centre, fondness, seed, centre, nubble, part, stub, meaning, vegetable marrow, morsel, warmness, join, embryo, perfume, heart, magnetic core, root, atom, mettle, subject matter, start, bud, fruit, bosom.
- focus (part of speech: noun)
- middle (part of speech: noun)
- "Letters of Major Jack Downing, of the Downingville Militia", Seba Smith.
- "Debian GNU/Linux: Guide to Installation and Usage", John Goerzen and Ossama Othman.
- "Counsels and Maxims From The Essays Of Arthur Schopenhauer", Arthur Schopenhauer.