Definition of khaki:
- Any kind of khaki cloth; hence, a uniform of khaki or, rarely, a soldier clad in khaki. In the United States and British armies khaki or cloth of a very similar color is almost exclusively used for service in the field.
- Of a dull brownish yellow, or drab color; - applied to cloth, originally to a stout brownish cotton cloth, used in making uniforms in the Anglo- Indian army.
chaps, corduroy, calico, barkcloth, cheesecloth, breeches, chromatic, buckram, britches, baggies, burlap, blue jeans, capri pants, bell-bottoms, canvas, chintz, coir, bottoms, cambric, chinos, cargo pants.
- colors (part of speech: noun)
- brown (part of speech: adjective)
- "Notes of a War Correspondent", Richard Harding Davis.
- "Marjorie Dean, High School Junior", Pauline Lester.
- "The Heath Hover Mystery", Bertram Mitford.