Definition of kindle:
- Fig.: To begin to be excited; to grow warm or animated; to be roused or exasperated.
- Fig.: To inflame, as the passions; to rouse; to provoke; to excite to action; to heat; to fire; to animate; to incite; as, to kindle anger or wrath; to kindle the flame of love, or love into a flame.
- To bring forth young.
- To set on fire; to cause to burn with flame; to ignite; to cause to begin burning; to start; to light; as, to kindle a match, or shavings.
- To take fire; to begin to burn with flame; to start as a flame.
farm, upgrade, advance, scorch, brace, heat, chevy, lift, produce, torch, give notice, stimulate, parent, wake, awaken, give the axe, displace, nurture, plague, evoke, harry, bring up, molest, invoke, combust, call down, fuel, suggest, provoke, hot, give the sack, turn on, discharge, cremate, stir up, conflagrate, inflame, elevate, erupt, beset, chivy, kick up, get up, set up, singe, excite, fire, rear, awake, animate, go off, flash, wake up, flame, sack, conjure up, send away, set fire to, cauterize, harass, paint a picture, put forward, set on fire, impassion, dismiss, hassle, raise, resurrect, incinerate, fire up, sex, energize, burn down, promote, stir, perk up, educe, put up, levy, arouse, brand, start, upraise, grow, take fire, terminate, wind up, consume, come alive, open fire, conjure, prove, inspire, elicit, waken, catch fire, recruit, chevvy, blaze, heighten, chivvy, draw out, call forth, leaven, energise, enkindle, kick upstairs, force out, char, enhance, erect, rouse, extract, can.
- "Four Arthurian Romances "Erec et Enide", "Cliges", "Yvain", and "Lancelot"", Chretien DeTroyes.
- "A Struggle for Rome, Vol. 2 (of 3)", Felix Dahn.
- "Old Plymouth Trails", Winthrop Packard.