Definition of kindly :
1. According to the kind or nature; natural.
2. Favorable; mild; gentle; auspicious; beneficent.
3. Humane; congenial; sympathetic; hence, disposed to do good to; benevolent; gracious; kind; helpful; as, kindly affections, words, acts, etc.
4. In a kind manner; congenially; with good will; with a disposition to make others happy, or to oblige.
5. Naturally; fitly.
nice, keep, how, beneficent, just, good-hearted, shout-out, affable, large-hearted, favorable, well-disposed, charitable, thx, likeable, amicable, profitable, benignant, genial, do with, sympathetic, loving, harmonic, benevolent, hearty, please, thank you, warmly, much obliged, gentle, warm, where has someone/something gotten to?, sensitive, benefic, what has/will become of, companionable, altruistic, helpful, advantageous, goodhearted, humane, complaisant, kind, generous, delicately, courteously, what's gotten into someone?, social, sympathetically, fond, brotherly, compassionate, politely, warmhearted, freehearted, tenderhearted, bless you, merciful, what (has) happened to something, salutary, affectionate, friendly, cordial, attitude, tender, helpfully, softhearted, kindhearted, likable, I owe you, benign, philanthropic, eleemosynary, caring, thanks, sociable, accessible, warm-hearted, good, appealing, openhearted, anyway
benevolently (part of speech: adverb)
mildly (part of speech: adverb)
gently, moderately, softly, peacefully, tenderly, genially, cordially, meekly, quietly, amiably, sweetly, laxly, mildly, insipidly, broad-mindedly, open-mindedly, evenly, permissively, liberally, forbearingly, leniently, tolerantly, clemently, benignly, peaceably
- " That's all right," said Mr. Critz kindly. - "Philo Gubb Correspondence-School Detective", Ellis Parker Butler.
- " Why, of course," Annie was surprised into saying, " I suppose I shouldn't feel very kindly toward them." - "Annie Kilburn A Novel", W. D. Howells.
- You will remember me kindly for Frank's sake? - "The Frozen Deep", Wilkie Collins.