Definition of kip:
- A method or feat of raising the body when hanging or swinging by the arms, as for the purpose of mounting upon the horizontal bar. The legs are swung forward and upward by bending the hips, then suddenly down again, which gives the upward impulse to the body.
- A sharp- pointed hill; a projecting point, as on a hill.
- The hide of a young or small beef creature, or leather made from it; kipskin.
doze, sack, rack, snooze, pad, beauty sleep, lair, upstart, siesta, log Z's, nap, hay, shut-eye, slumber, arriviste, catch some z's, drowse, the land of Nod, sleep, forty winks, doss, bunk, dreamland, power nap, wink, REM sleep, nouveau-riche, catnap, parvenu.
- "Paul and the Printing Press", Sara Ware Bassett.
- "The Birthright", Joseph Hocking.
- "The Boy Scouts Book of Stories", Various.